Houseboats in Kerala are a unique and unforgettable experience you shouldnt miss! Specially if you are into tropical weather, fun and relaxation!
The Backwaters of Kerala is a network of interconnected canals, rivers, lakes and inlets formed by more than 900 km of waterways. The backwaters have a unique ecosystem - freshwater from the rivers meets the seawater from the Arabian Sea.
The original Houseboats or Kettuvallams were used to carry up to 30 tons of rice and spices downstream! This houseboats were reworked and redecorated with time and became huge, slow moving exotic barges used for tourist purposes. By constructing special rooms to accommodate tourists, these boats are enjoying great popularity.
The houseboats have all the comforts of a good hotel with furnished bedrooms, modern toilets, cozy living rooms, kitchen and even a balcony for angling. But the best is truly the breathtaking view of the rural and untouched Kerala
This boats are made an impressive construction with the surrounding nature. Houseboats use bamboo mats, sticks and wood of the areca nut tree for roofing, coir mats and wooden planks for the flooring and wood of coconut trees and coir for beds. They also respect the nature around it by using solar panels for lighting.
Houseboats are now a familiar sight on the backwaters, specially in Alappuzha where you can find more than 500 houseboats.
- Houseboat accommodation in deluxe houseboats
- Types of room: single, double, triple bed rooms - can accomodate 2, 4 or 6 pax respectively
- All accommodation with AC
- Children Below5 yrs Sharing the Same room With parents
- Full food on board (Lunch with sea food, tea and snacks , dinner on day 1, and breakfast on day 02 - Food in traditional Kerala style with sea food for lunch and Non-veg (Chicken) for dinner)
- LCD TV, DVD Player, Music systems
- Welcome drink for guest on arrival
Houseboats will be booked according to your tour itinerary. We advise between one day and a maximum of 4 days tours in the houseboats.
We can complement your houseboat tour with an adventure package in Kerala. Please email your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org